12.12.09

I've made several things since I posted the jacket, which I'll post pictures of soon . Today I rediscovered a blazer I started making over three years ago, that I had forgotten about. I stopped halfway through constructing it because it was waaay too big, but today I got it out and tried it on my brother and it fits really well! Of course, it's shaped to fit a female body, but I think I can 
I'll see. I mean, all the pieces are cut out and some sewn, so I won't lose anything by trying.  The way the stripes in the fabric I used are arranged seem to work better on a guy actually. I'll post pictures when I start working on it again, but the back panels are comprised of horizontal stripes, and the sides and front of vertical ones. Then there is a panel along the very side with horizontal stripes, which line up with a panel under the sleeves which is striped horizontally. It
 is hard to explain, but the arrangement of stripes works well on male shoulders.

Anyway, one of the other things I've made quickly is this basic high waisted skirt for myself.
I'd previously made it, about a year ago, but had done such a rush job I had only worn it once because it wasn't well made at all.  So I took out all the seams completely, and reconstructed it out of the same pieces. It turned out much better this time. I mean, it's not the most finely crafted garment in the world, but it's better and definitely wearable. 
















I made it from a teal green coloured synthetic faille, which 
was $9.00/m I think. I only used about a half metre  for this, so for a $4.00 skirt I'm quite pleased.
This picture is terrible, I'll have more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment